Podcast Episode 7: The Power of YOU

Hi, you seem to be new here, I suggest by checking our guide to new readers New to Looking to Business or Join Our Free Email Course. Thanks for visiting!

Todays episode was fun to make, it is very short but has a very important message, the Power of YOU.
Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think.

Hello and welcome to the seventh episode of Your Path to Your Dreams, I am Daniel Wood from Looking to Business.com

Today we will be discussing the power of YOU and how to become someone others want to do business with.

The best asset that you can improve and refine – is YOU.

My third sales job had to do with recruitment. I worked for a job board selling ads. We had ten competitors selling the same type of product.
The only difference was that we charged twice as much as our competition. Other than that, the product was essentially the same.

Our company sold twice as many ads
Our recruiting, sales training and coaches were better than our competitor’s. That is why we sold twice as many ads at twice the price. Our company stood out because of its sales people; the way we presented ourselves, our products, the offers and opportunities.

YOU – This is what your customers really buy.
They buy you. People don’t make the decision to buy on a rational basis; it is the emotional decision that makes the sale.

My best advice to you if you want to increase your sales figures, if you want to get more job offers and want to become more successful is to take a hard look at yourself and ask
“Am I a person I would like to do business with?”
If not, your customers are probably thinking the same thing.

Let us now explore how you can find ways to become a person that people want to do business with.

Two Areas to Improve

Enthusiasm
When people make a decision they always find reasons to work with people they like, even if they might seem inferior or less suited for the job.

Extreme energy rubs off!

If you come into a meeting glowing with energy, happiness and enthusiasm, you will notice that before long everyone else at the meeting will be feeling the same thing. By being happy and excited you will induce the same feelings in others

Appearances
Everyone judges others by appearance, even if we don’t like to talk about it. If you don’t look and feel like someone they want to be involved with, they will find ways to avoid it. All the enthusiasm in the world can’t change a really negative first impression.

But if you are proactive, and use the effect of the first appearance to your advantage, you can make sure that the first impression always is a good one.

Thank you very much for listening I hope you enjoyed this episode.
If you want to get more advise you can sign up for our newsletter by visiting ethangreen-themovie.com and signing up.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject, leave a comment below and share your insights.

Related posts:

1. Podcast: Episode 4 – Focusing Your Mind – “Your Path to Your Dreams”
  2. Podcast: The First Episode of “Your Path to Your Dreams”
  3. Podcast: Your Path to Your Dreams Episode 3 – Planning for Your Success
  4. How to Nurture Your Most Important Asset – You
  5. Podcast Episode 6 – Being a Star Salesman and Manager with S. Anthony Iannarino
This entry was posted in Personal Growth, Podcast and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Podcast Episode 7: The Power of YOU

1. farouk says:

that’s a nice read Daniel
    i used to work in the sales field too long ago but it was a part time job
    your tips make a lot of sense :)

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Farouk.
      I hope you see their value from any business sense as well.
      They are obvious in sales but you need to be someone people want to do business with whatever you are working on.

Wouldn’t you agree?

2. Kenya says:

Your points are very key. The energy we create on our end is very much able to attract a desirable outcome.

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Kenya,

It is important to find that balance and conviction to have the courage to stand up for yourself.

How have you been able to channel yours?

• Kenya says:

Daniel,

I’ve been focusing that All is Love and All is Perfect. I’m not in the sales arena right now, but attracting a desirable outcome I feel can be universal. When I focus my energy on the above, everything else seems to fall into place.

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Kenya,

The power of You is active everywhere. Attracting opportunities and just making people want to be around you and cooperate with you.

By being someone people want to do business with you will open many doors.

3. Nishant Soni says:

Pretty good job with the post @ Daniel.

I completely believe in the “you” factor. Been a part of hardcore sales for like 3 years where I was training the corporate giant’s sales forces to produce more. This was one of the most important things I would always talk about.

If the client likes you, then hes more likley going to buy the product despite of the quality of the actual product. Thanks for bringing it up!

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Nishant,

We have all seen it so many times. The customer doesn’t really care about the offer, they make an emotional decision to buy or not and then they do.

What do you consider the most important trait for a salesman to have?

• Nishant Soni says:

I would say it is his ability to have the command over the conversation, at the same time make sure he is completely assumptive for the sale.

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Nishant,

That is very good advice.
          If you cannot control the conversation you will find it very difficult to make the sale.

4. Loved it Daniel. Great to have an audio version available too. Could listen to it while I was working on my next blog post.

I always try to leave a positive, energetic vibe as a first impression. Like every other person in the world I sometimes don’t feel like it, but it’s a state of mind you can learn to get into. For me some physical exercise and upbeat music really help.

Really enjoying your email newsletter series btw, good stuff!

All the best,
    Wim

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Wim,

Right back at you, I look forward to more emails from you.
      I am glad you liked the audio. Keeping this mindset has really helped me when selling.

What do you consider the most important trait for a salesman?

5. Daniel ,

It’s so true that “energy, happiness and enthusiasm” rub off in all realms of life! Thanks for the important reminder.

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hey Sandra,

Thanks for leaving your comment.
      It is an incredible sensation to see how your feelings and emotions rub off on everyone around you. It makes it easier to be with people when you know the most important thing is happiness.

6. Pingback: El poder de Usted mismo | Activa Negocios

7. Jon Sollie says:

It seems to me that our enthusiasm must be genuine…we all have bad days and would do well to shy away from important contacts when this occurs. Faking enthusiasm could get us into trouble and our sincerity could come into question. Be real.

All the best,

Jon

• Daniel M. Wood says:

Hi Jon,

I do agree that faking isn’t a good thing, but being as positive and enthusiastic as possible is something you need to be.

Think of it this way, if you met a salesman who came into your office all down and in a bad mood, completely non-enthusiastic about his product, would you give him the benefit of the doubt or just do your best to get him out of your office so you can keep working?

If you have a job intervju and the candidate seems tired and completely uninterested, would you hire the candidate?

Even if you are having a bad day you need to be able to put on a brave face, put it behind you and get to work.

What do you think?