Today I want to share with you 15 quotes and what they mean to me.
1. “One who asks questions is a fool for 5 minutes, one who does not ask questions remains a fool forever.” – Chinese Proverb
You can never afford to stop learning. It is when we learn that we improve, by asking questions you might feel stupid in the moment but once you have you will have learnt and the next time you will know. Instead of the one who doesn’t ask and feels stupid every time the subject comes up.
2. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed” – Michael Jordan.
All successful people have failed many times, the difference between them and the average person is that they don’t give up, they try again and again, finally they start to find the answers and succeed.
3. ”You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky.
If you are afraid of failing and don’t take action because of it, that is failing as well.
You might as well try and see if you have got it right.
4. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
Live every moment of every day.
Life is wonderful, don’t wait until tomorrow to live it.
5. “To dream of the person you wish to be is to waste the person you are.”
You are who you are, we might as well accept that and live with it. When you learn to love yourself you will be happier and you will see that your gifts are unique and that you are in fact an incredible person.
6. “Do what you can with what you’ve got wherever you are.”
You do not need to save the whole world at once, save it one person at a time.
If you can make someone happy today, you have done something incredible and don’t feel bad about not being able to do more. Do what you can.
7. “Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.”
Henry Van Dyke
You will not become great without practice. You need to try over and over again if you are to become proficient at anything. Don’t wait for the perfect opportunity, instead go after it now and learn from your mistakes.
8. “It is not length of Life, but depth of life.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Spending time with people you love and who love you is the best part of life. If you can spend as much time as possible doing what you love you will live a happier and more full life.
9. “To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might just be the world.”
It is better to fully give yourself to one person and make it your mission to make that persons life wonderful than helping 1000 strangers. Be the world to that one person.
10. “Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.”
Don’t be afraid of making new acquaintances, you never know who you might meet.
Some of the most valuable and rewarding relationships I have had have come because I dared take that step and make a stranger into a friend, among others that is what it took to meet my wife.
11. “With our thoughts we make the world.”
This wonderful quote says everything I believe in.
You can control your destiny and when you do you start chain reactions that will change the world. The world is ours, what we decide to do with it is up to us.
12. “Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward.”
We will fail, multiple times but if we accept the lessons we will pass the test the second time around, don’t be afraid to try again.
13. “Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it.”
Cicero, 44 B.C.
The quote says everything itself but make friends, share your problems and share theirs. Split the hardship and congratulate each other on your victories.
I hope you liked this article and found it useful.
If you want to learn more about how to make your goals reality, join our email newsletter “Your Path to Your Dreams” and you will receive tips and advice, and even a free copy of our e-book “How to make Selling Easy”.